Sunday, May 19, 2013

Juice Fasting

In case you haven't noticed, I started this blog with smoothies. That is because I am on a juice fast. I just started and my schedule is listed below.

I'm enjoying a variety of fruits and vegetables and its reminding me of how healthy and light it is sometimes to flush your system, in this case with a massive amount of vitamins and minerals from fresh juiced and purée fruits and veggies, making it very easy for the system to absorb the benefits.

I have purchased organic produce, much of it local. In addition have added some natural supplements like aloe juice, blue green algae, liquid chlorophyll, and ginseng to my juice and smoothie recipes.

Day 1: a day of transition, smoothies one with dairy, coffee and a bowl of tomato soup.

Day 2: 2nd day of transition, coffee, smoothies w/o dairy. And just juice introduced.

Day 3: No coffee, tea instead. Just juice no smoothies.

Day 4: Tea, just fresh Juice, and lemon water with maple syrup and Cayenne pepper.

Day 5: No tea, Lemon water with maple syrup and cayenne pepper.

Day 6: No tea, Lemon water with maple syrup and cayenne pepper.

Day 7: Tea, just fresh Juice, and lemon water with maple syrup and Cayenne pepper.

Day 8: Tea, fresh Juice and smoothies w/o dairy.

• note you should drink one 8oz glass of water after each glass of juice, smoothie or lemon water mixture to ensure proper hydration and flushing.





No comments:

Post a Comment